We Seek After
These Things
Recently returned from serving the people of Honduras for 3 years

Thursday, September 23, 2010

A New Reading List . . .

Our bookclub met this week and these are the books were reading this year.

I'm so proud of myself, I've actually finished one book already - "The Hunger Games".
If you've read it you probably know why. Once you get started you can't put it down. Now I just need to hurry finish the other two books in the series so I can get back to my bookclub books.

This year I'll be reviewing "The Good Earth".
My son Dustin recommended it ages ago and it has finally made the list. It's a 1932 Purlitzer Prize winner that is still popular today.

I'm also excited to read the book "Aspire".
The author lives in my hometown and hopefully we can come to
our bookgroup the day we review his book.
"Aspire" teaches readers to understand what words mean in their purest sense and is
a 5 star reviewed book on Amazon.

What's on your reading list?





Kristin's book-club-2011 book montage





The Good Earth

The Hunger Games

And Still We Rise: The Trials and Triumphs of Twelve Gifted Inner-City Students

Pope Joan

Inheritance

Aspire!: Discovering Your Purpose Through the Power of Words

The Help


Book Club 2011 »


4 comments:

Susan Anderson said...

The sad evidence that I read way too much is that I never manage to have a reading list. The minute I want to read something, I tend to just go ahead and read it. Late at night, usually.

=)

mCat said...

I wish I had a reading list! I just have mags stacked up so that I can never seem to get to!

Pedaling said...

you will love The Help.
I read Pope Joan and really enjoyed it- even though it was different than what I would normally read. The further I got into it the more I liked it....that's typical.
Hunger Games is the best of the 3, but you'll still enjoy the others, just might not get through them quite as quick.
I haven't read the others- you'll have to let me know how they are.

Chellese said...

The Good Earth is in my top 3 favorites. Enjoy!

 photo s_03.jpg  photo s_04.jpg  photo s_05.jpg  photo s_06.jpg  photo s_07.jpg  photo s_10.jpg