We have a tradition at our home that
(it's our only one . . .)
Chocolate Dipped Strawberries
Yep, I think we have it down . . .
This is what we use -
and this . . .
There are a few tricks that would be nice to know -
- Melt the chocolate in a narrow container (like a pyrex 1 cup measuring cup) placed in a sauce pan with about 1-1 1/2 inches of water in the pan, over medium low temperature, stirring until smooth.
- Be careful not to get any water (NOT a single drop) into the chocolate!
- Thin the white chocolate with a few teaspoons of oil to a consistency for dipping
- The strawberries need to be very fresh and DRY!
- After dipping the first layer, refrigerate until chocolate is set before dipping the second layer.
- To do easy swirls for decoration - pour a small amount of chocolate into a SNACK size zipper bag, cut the tiniest of tiny corners off the bag with scissors and squeeze swirls onto the strawberries with the melted chocolate.
Then you just eat them!
Watch out for that strawberry juice - it's dripping down your chin :D