I really prefer to stumble around in PJ clothing, house slippers, sipping my daily hot chocolate ala amazing,(that my husband is so sweet to fix for me each and every morning!) until about 9 am, then I drag myself out of the house with the dogs for our almost daily walk in the hills.
I just found out there is a NAME for my condition!
who would have guessed!
Sleep enertia apparently is when the problem-solving part of your brain needs time to "reboot" after sleep. So what do experts suggest??
- relax in bed a while (check - no problem there!) (I suggest with a good book preferably, or check overnight email messages on your cell phone, or text your children who live far away, you get the idea . . .)
- leave important decisions for later (much later I suggest . . .)
- don't tackle critical tasks (like payroll and taxes, balancing the checkbook etc, deciding what to make for dinner (or breakfast for that matter) - are things that come to mind . . .)
- open the blinds and switch on all the lights (WHAT?? well maybe one really dim one, but I like to open the blinds and even the windows - so I can hear the really sweet little song bird that just appeared outside my window this week . . .as I'm reading my book and checking emails)
- eat a high fiber breakfast such as oatmeal (apparently it provides a steady supply of glucose, the brains main feul source - fortunantly I do LIKE oatmeal!)
- sprinkle a few drops of essential oil of peppermint onto a hankie and take a whiff (REALLY?? sounds delightful! And experts say it boosts brain activity in the area that controls wakefulness - MAYBE I better carry it around ALL day!!)
and shake off that early-morning