We Seek After
These Things
Recently returned from serving the people of Honduras for 3 years

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Girls Night Out!

A few friends and I really splurged this week. It's seldom that any of us can leave our families long enough to spend an entire evening together. And we all really did spend more money on this one evening than it would cost us to take the whole family out to dinner . . . but what the hay! You gotta do it every once in a while!

And for what did we choose to leave our families, spend the big bucks, and have just one riotous evening out on the town?

The Rascal Flatt's Concert!


"Bob That Head" . . . yeah, you've seen the commercials on TV . . .
(you can't even listen to any radio station anywhere without hearing some of their fabulous music . . but if you're really apposed to country music, then just skip the rest of this post:)



We decided several weeks ago that we were going to go do something wild and crazy. Since we are big Rascal Flatts fans, and just LOVE music, singing and dancing in general . . . we got online just to SEE if there were any good seats still available, and there were some REALLY good seats still left . . . so we bought them!




And can I say that we had such a GOOD time! We came, we sang, we danced, we clapped, we cheered, we took pictures, and then we got locked out of the car and my wonderful hubby had to drive all the way downtown at midnight to rescue us. He is just the best!



In fact, all our hubbies are just the best for letting us go out on the town, holding down things at the home base, and not getting jealous for a little girl time together! Here's three cheers for them!




Just in case you're REALLY not familiar with their music, and you're wondering what on earth I'm talking about - you can preview all their music here. I've often tried to decide which of all their hits is my favorite - and I just can't decide. But I really enjoy all these songs -

Life is a Highway

Me & my Gang

Prayin' for Daylight

Fast Cars & Freedom

He Ain't the Leavin' Kind


And IF you are a big fan - you might want to check out these fun videos.
(or even not, it might make a fan outta you:)


6 comments:

Joy For Your Journey said...

Oh I am so very jealous! Not only did you get to go to their concert but you also spent the evening with your very good friends. Sounds like a perfect night--well other than getting locked out of your car. :-) Thanks goodness for your knight in shining armour who came and rescued you!

Kate said...

I am so jealous. I love Rascal Flats. I bet it was so much fun. It is always great to splurge and live and enjoy life. It is only here once.

Unknown said...

YEAH! Ladies ALWAYS deserve something like this! I'm so glad you did it, and had fun!

Thanks SO fun for your sweet comments, I feel the same way about you!

Love you!

Jenn said...

I was lucky enough to see them play at the Gaylord Entertainment Center in Nashville a few years back. They put on a heck of a show! I wish I could do it again!!!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great time. We all deserve one of those rare nights out with the girls. Glad you enjoyed yours!

Colleen - Mommy Always Wins said...

Awesome!

My cousin & I went to see Rascal Flatts in concert a few years ago and had a BLAST!

You really have to make sure you do things for yourself every now and then - its your duty as a Mom! ;-)

 photo s_03.jpg  photo s_04.jpg  photo s_05.jpg  photo s_06.jpg  photo s_07.jpg  photo s_10.jpg