We Seek After
These Things
Recently returned from serving the people of Honduras for 3 years

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Packing . . . didn't we just do this??

Once again we find ourselves juggling boxes, changing closets and accumulating piles . . .

Piles to go to Honduras.

Piles to be packed into suitcases.

Piles to go to storage.

Piles to be packed up and stored in closets.



Really we have just 19 days . . . and yes, we are counting each and every one of them


DSC03272 DSC03271 DSC03270 DSC03269 DSC03268



Just 19 days . . .

Until all this stuff is shipped, the bags will be packed and we will be on our way
to the MTC (Missionary Training Center for those unfamiliar with the LDS language terms)
for a 5 day seminar.

Our other dilemma is suitcases or duffle bags?  This shows our travel differences . . .
Kristin opted for the duffle bags . . . Norm for the suitcases . . .
We'll see which turns out to be the most flexible choice . . .


DSC03279



About our upcoming Mission President's Seminar at the MTC which begins June 22 -

During our interview President Henry B. Eyring "joked" with us that they will share with us everything we need to know to manage, inspire and watch care for 150-250 missionaries for the next three years.

"Good Luck with that" he smiled as he said those words :)

Although the teachers and trainers just don't get any better than the Quorum of the Twelve, the First Presidency and the Missionary Department.

The days are going faster and faster .  . .

If you would like to join us as a Senior Couple
You'll find all the scoope at -
Come Serve a Senior Mission in Honduras!

7 comments:

*K said...

I love the stuff you are packing. Every day I regret not having my sewing machine. But do you think you will need your kitchen aid? We had a brand new house when we got here and it had a new kitchen aid in it. I think it is pretty standard. Of course if you get down there and they don't have one, you will be in trouble. I wonder if there is someone to check with beforehand. On the other hand I am so glad for my roaster oven and wish I had another one of them. (I brought it.) If you don't have that I would take one for sure!!

So much fun!! But so glad it is you and not me. :-)

ReimFam said...

I am so sad to see you (through technology) go! You and Norm will be so great. What a wonderful fit. I'll miss visiting occasionally when we are home, so 'til we meet again, Good luck!!! Love you both!

Greg and Karianne said...

Ahh this post gives me anxiety. Maybe it's better to not be there and see you getting all ready to go. We're gonna miss you so much! Looks like you're getting the packing all figured out though...

Susan Anderson said...

Wow. This is really getting exciting. And so REAL.

It's almost here!!

I know you will both be a blessing to everyone you serve.

=)

tammy said...

So excited for you!

Ann Mitchell said...

So cool that you will be presiding over the mission! It's great you'll be with thew Chatfield's at the seminar! I hope you get to meet my former bishop and wife...Brad and Dana Smith. They are presiding over the Tallahassee mission. They presided a few years ago over the Marshall Islands Mission...for about 9 months. They had a daughter get in a horrific car accident, and she needed around the clock care that her siblings couldn't give her. She's doing well, and they're off again!

Skeller said...

ha! your suitcase vs. duffle decision reminds me of my honeymoon - where I packed my stuff in a duffle and my husband packed his stuff in a ... cardboard box, duct-taped closed. (true story)

 photo s_03.jpg  photo s_04.jpg  photo s_05.jpg  photo s_06.jpg  photo s_07.jpg  photo s_10.jpg